Monday 12 September 2011

Initial Ideas

For my "Victorian Fairground" styled shooting gallery game, I have a few possible ideas and concepts in mind. With the brief stating that there should be a "modern twist", one possible route is to follow my passion of sci-fi and incorporate laser guns to shoot at holographic targets. Another possible route to go down could be to incorporate the classic wild western shootout with futuristic aliens and spacecraft - inspired by the recent sci-fi/western film "Cowboys & Aliens". Stepping aside from sci-fi, another option could be inspired by modern day war against the Taliban forces - but whether this would be suitable for a casual game is debatable. Thinking along more of a fantasy route, the enemy targets could be creatures/monsters which have appeared from out of the depths of the ocean and are over-running planet Earth.


Source: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjlaWceXmrWRdu-zxiiPYpNofy805ZQJrOxdAfLQBLsj-KguepUHKChcvfa9IFqX0TpvX22ub71EUsiuJb9JtD3IXJVmja2yWL-D46gIV5jD8LCma7VX21ysCswOBk4EI_rP2SmoVYX/s1600/Sniper.jpg
One of the most valuable elements to a successful casual game that I have learned from my research so far is "time management" gameplay. As I mentioned in my research, this could help prevent players getting bored of the game quickly, and also encourage them to return to play the game at regular intervals. Some thought will be needed however to incorporate this into a shooter.

Until I have gathered more research I shall keep an open mind as to which route to go down for the theme of the game, but the one which most stands out to me at the present time is the western vs. sci-fi concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment